Monday, June 4, 2012

Earl Grey

I love coffee. 

Somehow, however, I managed to surround myself with people who love tea. Oh, some of them drink coffee too, but there seems to be an unusual amount of tea drinkers in my life. As you can imagine, that makes it awfully challenging to go on a coffee date. 

As a result, I have to think up gift ideas from time to time for these tea lovers of mine.
Since it was a dreary, rainy afternoon, I cooked up this quick DIY treat in honor of those tea drinkers.

The Tea Box

You will need:
one small cardboard box (I got mine for $1 from JoAnn's)
tea bags (well, not the bags but the packages they come in)
glue

1. cut the sides of the tea bags off, open them up, and cut them in half. (I tried this once before and only cut off the backs, but the sealed sides seem to get in the way and make it more difficult to glue down)


2. Arrange the cut tea bags over your box however you choose and glue them in place.
I decided to just cover the top and sides, and left the bottom and sides of the cover blank.


So simple! And such a cute gift for those tea lovers that sneak into your life! 
Definitely fill it with the tea they love best, or even just assortment of all different kinds.

And that's it! Enjoy making and giving :)


No comments:

Post a Comment